With the Rudd Labor Government elected on 24th November 2007 comes the plan for a new Workplace Relations System called “Forward with Fairness” set to operate generally from 1 January 2010.
The proposal aims at maintaining the current general structure with the following critical changes:-
- there will be 10 National Employment Standards;
- Awards will be revised, modernised and will supplement the 10 National Standards;
- The new Awards system will be limited to employees who earn less than $100,000.00 per annum, those who earn more can “opt-out” of an Award that covers their employment;
- AWA’s will be abolished;
- Unfair Dismissal rights will be available across the board – subject to qualifying periods;
- Union representation will be enhanced.
It's said that prevention is better than cure. You could avoid going to court or having a claim made against you if you have in place the CORRECT type of employment contracts and agreements. We can provide advice in relation to the following:
- Occupational Health and Safety policies
- Privacy, surveillance, E-mail and Internet policies
- Employment contracts including both common-law and
We have experience in the State and Federal Industrial Relations Commissions, the Industrial Magistrates Court as well as Local, District and Supreme Courts.